Potential AdvantagesRegenMedTX’s technology has the potential to offer several major advantages over current best practice.
There are significant limitations to the current therapies for treating a range of tissue and organ abnormalities, and there is a clear need for approaches that are safer, more effective and cost-efficient.
- The annual cost of treating end stage renal disease >$100K/patient/year in the U.S.
- >$700K in lifetime costs/patient with 3-5yr life-span once on dialysis
- Organ shortage with post-transplant life-span of ~10 yr
- USA Medicare spends ~$56 billion/year on chronic kidney disease
Dialysis for patients means 3 days a week of 4-6 hours per day treatment with various possible complications and risks.
RegenmedTX’s technology has the potential to significantly delay and potentially prevent end-stage kidney failure: The benefits of RegenMedTX technology for treating chronic kidney disease is to:
- Repair native-like tissue and restore function and structure
- Reduce healthcare costs for organ failure while improving medical outcomes
- Avoid the risk of organ rejection
- Eliminate the burden and costs of immunosuppression
- Provide meaningful clinical safety and efficacy advances versus existing alternatives
- Reduce or eliminate other adverse effects of existing procedures
- Shorten recovery time
- Improve quality of life for patients and their families
“… I am excited … a huge improvement over current therapies where we only treat the consequences of CKD …” Nephrologist, University of Texas